Please click on the appropriate step for more information.
In order to apply NMSU, you need to …
- Have high school degree with 2.75 GPA or above
- Meet language requirement criteria. (Access the Language Criteria for admission)
- Beginning Spring 2019, applications for admission must include a professional foreign credit evaluation report from a member institution of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) for every transcript from a foreign secondary school and/or university attended.
- If you are attending NMSU as a non-degree seeking student through the Office of Education Abroad, do not apply for Admissions until you have been instructed to do so by the Office of Education Abroad. Failure to do so may result in a delay in your application being processed.
The following restrictions apply only to international students sponsored by NMSU in F-1 or J-1 status:
- Students studying in the Center for English Language Programs must be 18 years of age at the time they begin their program at NMSU in order to be admitted.
- Degree-seeking students who are 17 years of age at the time they begin their program at NMSU can be admitted, provided they live on campus.
Have any questions?